How to apply
Step 1: Take our Culture Index Survey
The General Accountant is responsible for the accounting functions of one or more divisions of the company, timely financial reporting, and banking compliance. In addition, this position will be coordinating with other branch accountants to get vendor invoices, deposits, and other accounting related information for processing.
- Maintaining the General Ledger: Responsible for complete and accurate entry of financial transactions covering all balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Accounts Receivable: Coordinate preparation and review of customer invoices, customer profile and account maintenance, billing statements and collection tracking/activity.
- Accounts Payable including: vendor records maintenance, processing invoices for payment, and processing vendor checks.
- Prepare, file, and pay sales and use tax, property tax, etc.
- Prepare annual reporting and filings such as 1099-MISC, 1099-INT, 1096, etc.
- Prepare and review month end financial statements for one or more divisions.
- Assist in month end procedures in preparation for monthly and annual consolidated financial reporting.
- Responsible for reconciliation of balance sheet accounts such as credit cards, bank accounts, cash accounts, etc.
- Provide schedules required for audit compliance related to the annual financial statement audit, insurance audit, worker’s compensation audit, bank audit.
- Payment and invoicing of rent to own deals with down payments forwarded to corresponding RTO company.
- Compile and code credit card receipts.
- General accounting processes.
- Consolidated Financial Statements.
- Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP.)
- Financial report production and analysis.
- Quickbooks Online.
- Eagle Business Management Software (EBMS.)
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Google Suite and Infor Cloud Suite Industrial, a plus.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to use digital/cloud-based technology for document storage, collaboration, and communication to other branches or divisions of the company.
- Willingness to learn new concepts, processes, software, etc.
- Time management and follow through.
- Communication across all levels, especially with management.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional and customer service manner.
- Must be a team player and assist coworkers to ensure a smooth operation.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Must be willing to share knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of general accounting.
- Christian based office environment in downtown Fort Worth.
- Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm, with additional hours as needed. No Sundays.
- Must have reliable transportation and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change.
To be considered for the position, please take 10 minutes to complete the Culture Index assessment. Once you complete the assessment, you will be asked to select the position you are applying for along with answering a few employment questions. You will also have the option to upload a resume, which we highly recommend.
This survey helps us determine superstars for our positions. If your results indicate you are a good fit, then you will receive an email or call to schedule a phone screen. Please note, if you are not a match, we will keep your resume and assessment results on file for future job openings.
We look forward to speaking with you!