Manager of Logistics and Customer Service
The Manager of Logistics and Customer Service will oversee the logistics associated
with the delivery of Ulrich products and ensure 5-star customer service.
• Oversee all activities associated with the delivery, follow up and customer service
of Ulrich products, which includes sheds, barns, playhouses, tiny homes, and log cabins.
• Ensure all direct reports are focused on delivery of the "Ulrich " 5-star experience to the customer.
• Schedule, manage and measure all delivery driver activities daily for efficiency of the delivery operation.
• Schedule and manage onsite sub-contractors
• Utilize various resources to make accurate and timely decisions related to delivery and customer service.
• Advise operations of potential impacts to customer’s order to ensure timely and efficient work requirements and schedules are maintained.
• Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies, and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance.
• Inspect trucks and equipment and ensure drivers are meeting all company mandated safety regulations.
• Maintain DOT records for drivers
• Manage Customer Service Manager activities, lend support to problem resolution and customer interaction as needed. Train and coach customer interaction skill set.
• Ensure that systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service, delivery and onsite build metrics, including customer feedback and trends in product or service issues.
• Ensure the shed and cabin customer experience workflow process is followed.
• Ensure all product delivery schedules are accurately depicted in ERP system on a daily basis.
• HS Diploma or equivalent required
• College Degree preferred delivery
• 5 years of logistics experience with a deep understanding of distribution operations, including transportation, maintenance, forecasting, budgeting, analytics, and process improvement.
• Knowledge of DOT/Federal Motor Carrier rules and regulations.
• 5+ of customer service experience with a mindset of delivering 5-star service
• Strong knowledge of logistics
• Deep understanding of customer service
• Strong understanding of ERP systems
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Bilingual/Spanish highly preferred
• Interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence that create trust and effective collaboration accompanied by excellent verbal communication, group presentation, and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
• High sense of urgency and personal drive to do whatever is takes to achieve the right results, on time.
• A record of recognizing opportunities for improvement, and then developing, planning, and implementing plans to achieve desired results.
• A proven history of building strong teams, developing employees, and inspiring employees to succeed.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
• Ability to be flexible, work under pressure, work with interruptions, and shift priorities as required.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Good time management and follow through skills.
• Warehouse is a non-climate-controlled environment
• We serve over 3,000 unique individual family/clients with most being single item projects in a high touch and highly configurable wood manufactured product environment
To be considered for the position, please take 10 minutes to complete the Culture Index assessment. Once you complete the assessment, you will be asked to select the position you are applying for along with answering a few employment questions. You will also have the option to upload a resume, which we highly recommend.
This survey helps us determine superstars for our positions. If your results indicate you are a good fit, then you will receive an email or call to schedule a phone screen. Please note, if you are not a match, we will keep your resume and assessment results on file for future job openings.
We look forward to speaking with you!